Got some great travel deals through this week from Tempo Holidays for Europe and Brazil’s utterly wild Rio Carnival. Europe looks positively sedate compared to revved up Rio. Bring it on, baby! Deals on this blog are quoted in Australian dollars. Links for Tempo Holidays worldwide are listed at the bottom of the post. The travel deals are the same. Just the currencies are different.
1. See more of Ireland, Italy and Spain from the comfort and convenience of a bus. Choose from a range of itineraries including the 12-day Irish Classic tour departing Dublin from $A1847 per person twin share. Highlights include city tours of Dublin and Belfast, walking tours of Derry and Waterford, hand weaving demonstrations at Triona Design, a day tour to Actil Island and a horse-drawn jaunting car ride in Killarney.
2. Discover the beauty of the Austrian capital through its spectacular galleries and museums with the Classic Vienna – Art & Design package. See the works of Austrian artists including Gustav Klimt and Egon Schiele on this four-day tour which includes entrance to the Belvedere Palace, Leopold Museum and Wiener Werkstätte Museum from $A457 per person twin share. Classic Vienna – Art & Design departs Vienna airport or train station daily and also includes three nights’ accommodation at Hotel Johann Strauss, daily breakfast, return private transfers and coffee and cake at a Viennese coffee house.
To get a taste of Vienna beforehand, travellers booking this package will also receive two free tickets for Vienna: Art & Design Exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria, which features the works of Klimt, Schiele, Hoffmann and Loos and runs until October 9 2011. Exhibition tickets have been donated by the Austrian National Tourist Office.
3. Tempo’s eight-day Italian Discovery explores the must-see cities of Rome, Florence and Venice as well as the stunning Chianti wine-producing region from $A1974 per person twin share. The tour departs Rome and includes wine tasting in the Tuscan countryside, the medieval hilltop town of Siena, beautiful Lake Como and Milan.
4. Or explore Spain’s south on the six-day Fascinating Andalucía which departs Madrid and visits Ronda, Granada, Cordoba and Seville and the beautiful Costa del Sol from $A990 per person twin share. Tempo’s great value coach tours offer a hassle-free way to see a country’s highlights in limited time, with guaranteed departures, accommodation with daily breakfast and local guides to make the most of your sightseeing experience.
5. Secure your ticket to the world’s biggest party with a 2012 Rio Carnival Extravaganza package. Experience Brazil’s famous feast of sights, sounds and samba with Tempo’s five-day package which includes a Sambodromo Grandstand ticket in section 9 – a highly sought after position to enjoy the wildly colourful Samba School Parade. Prices start from $A2352 per person twin share and include four nights at Savoy Othon Hotel with daily breakfast , private return airport transfers with English speaking guide, Rio de Janeiro city room tax and guided full day coach tour to Corcovado including lunch. The package is valid for travel on February 17, 2012.
For bookings, contact your local travel agent or Tempo Holidays at www.tempoholidays.com, or www.tempoholidays.co.uk For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For more information, check out Tempo Holidays’ latest specials and promotions.
For more travel deals on Rio and the surrounding regions, check out the excellent Tourists Guild. Have you been there and partied hard? Tell us about it!