Happy New Year and thanks so damn much for taking a bite of Taste for Travel in 2012. Welcome to 2013. Hope you like the menu:
* Stories on Australia, France, Greece, New Zealand and South-East Asia (and more)
* More chat about travelling women in my Over the Teacups category
* Monthly deals on best tours – they don’t garner many Facebook Likes but the visitor stats show they’re well read
* Georgia will have new recipes and words of wisdom from Rhodes – her stories were hugely popular in 2011 and 2012. We turned an online friendship into a real life friendship during my visit to her Greek island
* Good books for armchair travel fans – the analytics show readers like food for thought
* Sally Slaughter is plunking away on her vintage Remington typewriter, to offer the odd well-meaning solutions to relationship and travel dilemmas.
My travel advice for 2013:
* Pack your sense of humour
* Respect the journey that takes you there
* Travel with an open heart
* Don’t frighten the camel. It might be a long walk to the oasis.
* Images (except where watermarked) courtesy of TravMedia. Cover image of Indian vegetarian lunch taken by me at Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra, India.